What to Bring
What Should I Bring with Me to Turning Point?
Here’s what to bring with you upon admission to our drug and alcohol addiction treatment center:
- Clothing – You will have limited space, so please bring only one disposable bag of clothing with you. For detox, this should include five changes of clothing. If you will be attending one of our residential programs, this should include seven changes of clothing. Please make sure your clothing is appropriate.
- Medications – Please bring a 30-day supply of any prescription medications you are currently prescribed to take. You will need to bring these medications in their original prescription bottles, along with clear labels that state how your medication should be taken.
- Health & beauty products – Bring whatever products you require, including shampoo, non-aerosol deodorants, powders, and non-fragrance lotions. Bring hair dryers and curling irons if required; these will be stored in a cabinet and made available for your use at a set time each day.
- Miscellaneous – You may bring individually wrapped hard candies without sticks, a few photos of loved ones, and cigarettes. We allow multiple smoke breaks daily. Do not bring rolled cigarettes or cigars.
- Money – Bring money for your patient account. You will have to deposit at least $10.00 for your transportation upon being discharged from our center, which will be refunded if you do not need to use it. Your patient account can also be used to pay for personal health and hygiene items, stamps, cigarettes, candles, and medications.
Click here to read more helpful information on what to bring! Please note that we will provide bed linens and a pillow for you. We will also provide you with a towel and washcloth. Laundry is done once a week; laundry soap will be provided by our center. To see images of our rooms - Click here.
Guidelines for Appropriate Dress
We do ask our patients to dress in an appropriate manner that does not distract other patients from focusing on their recovery. We also encourage patients to bring loose clothing or a larger size of clothing if available, as some patients begin to gain some weight as they adjust to eating regular meals.
Our guidelines include:
- No sheer or tight clothing
- No sleeveless shirts or tank tops; healthcare facility requirements state that patients must have their underarms covered
- No high-heeled shoes
- No flip flops
- No loose sandals
If you have questions, please contact our office. Our staff is available to answer your calls from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
What NOT To Bring to Turning Point
There are several items that you should not bring:
- Paper products including books, notebooks, and magazines
- Electronic items other than hair dryers, curling irons, and electric razors; prohibited items include smart phones, radios, laptops, and tablets
- Any health / beauty items that contain alcohol—such as some colognes, hand sanitizers, and mouthwashes—or are aerosolized
- Perfumes, colognes, and scented lotions
- Bed linens
- Cell phones
- Photos in glass frames
- Any types of food except for hard candy
- Over-the-counter, non-prescription medications
- Loose tobacco
- Rolled cigarettes
- Cigars or Black & Mild
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
Contact Our Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center in New Jersey
Contact Turning Point at (973) 380-0905 for questions or to begin the admissions process with an initial assessment.